- GSTR 2B and GSTR 2A Reconciliation with Purchase Register.
- Direct Import of Tally Data, GSTR 2A, and GSTR 2B files.
GST Input Credit Matching Tool – Books vs GSTR 2B vs GSTR 2A Reconciliation Software
Direct Import of GST Input Data from Tally Prime & Tally ERP 9. Input Credit for Purchases, Fixed Assets and Expenses gets imported automatically.
Single Click Import of GSTR-2A and GSTR-2B excel files for all the months in a year. GSTR-2A is a dynamic statement which gets updated as and when the suppliers file their GSTR-1 return. GSTR-2B statement gets generated on 12th of the next month and does not get updated afterwards as it is static in nature.
GSTR-2B and GSTR-2A Reconciliation with Purchase Register. Identifies Fully Matched and Un-Matched Invoices. Smart Algorithm finds Partial and Probably Matching Invoices.
What is GSTR 2A
GSTR 2A is an auto generated statement available on the GST Portal. It shows the purchases made from various suppliers and the amount of input tax credit available on those purchases for a particular month. It is a dynamic statement which gets updated as and when the suppliers file their GSTR-1 return. If a supplier delays filing GSTR-1 for a particular month, the purchaser has to go back and check the GSTR-2A records for that month to find the updated data and take credit in the subsequent months.
What is GSTR 2B
GSTR 2B is also an auto generated statement available on the GST Portal. It also shows the purchases and input tax credit available on purchases but it is static in nature. This statement gets generated on 12th of the next month and does not get updated afterwards. If a supplier delays filing GSTR-1 for a particular month, the transaction is reflected in GSTR-2B in the subsequent month in which the supplier files his GSTR-1 and the purchaser can easily utilize the input tax credit in that month.
Importance of GST Input Matching
Following factors make it really important to reconcile the data as per books and GST Portal:
- To check whether any Invoice is not Missed or Recorded more than once,
- Reconciliation ensures that credit is being claimed for the tax which has been actually paid to the supplier.
- Tax evaders claiming ITC on the basis of fake invoices may be Penalized.
- In case the supplier has not recorded the outward supplies in GSTR-1, communication can be sent to the supplier to ensure that the discrepancies are corrected.
- Errors committed in GSTR-1 by Suppliers or GSTR-3B by Recipients can be rectified.
GST Portal and Books Mismatch
Following are the reasons for differences between Books and GST Portal :
- Supplier did not file his GSTR-1 return for that month,
- Supplier filed the return for that month but missed the invoice,
- Supplier provided wrong GST number of the purchaser in his return,
- Double booking of a invoice by the purchaser in his books,
- Supplier and purchaser booked the invoice in two different months and there is a timing difference.
How to download GSTR 2A for a year?
GST Input Credit Reports are available in excel format on the GST Portal. Data on the portal is available on a monthly basis only, although yearly data can be download from third party applications.